One of our Directors, Danielle recently attended the Military and Veteran Mental Health: Innovations Treatment based in Melbourne facilitated by the Phoenix Australia Initiative.
Part of the two-day forum included a master class with Professor Barbara Rothbaum focused on the treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PSTD), from Pharmacotherapy to Psychotherapy to Virtual Reality. With a background specialising in research on the treatment of veterans and others with anxiety disorders and a strong focus on PSTD, Professor Barbara Rothbaum was well equipped to impart her knowledge in:
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy,
- the application of Virtual Reality in the treatment of psychological disorders,
- the pharmacological enhancement of psychological therapy for PTSD,
- and other innovative approaches to evidence-based psychological therapy.
Professor Marylene Cloitre also facilitated a master class featuring, an intervention she coined- Skills Training in Affective and Interpersonal Regulation (STAIR) Therapy. Having a clinical focus on PTSD and complex PTSD among military veterans and the general community combined with her extensive research in the area, it’s no wonder Professor Marylene Cloitre developed Skills Training in Interpersonal and Affective Regulation (STAIR). This effective skills-focused intervention can be used as a standalone treatment or integrated with trauma processing therapies.
Danielle was able to share some of the key information and findings from the forum with Incite Solution team including:
- Using evidence-based therapy.
- Expert tips and guidance on using therapy.
- Working with more complex cases.
- Flexible use of therapy in clinical practice.
- Recent innovative applications of therapy.
Keeping up to date with latest evidence-based therapy to use with military, veterans and other clients is integral in assisting our clients achieve their goals.